Where in the World? Summer Edition

(Pretend this was scheduled to post up yesterday at this time *sigh*)

Have you ever played that computer game called "Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego"?


I loved that game when I was younger. I wasn't very good at it but traveling around the world was fun! Even if I never found Carmen Sandiego...

So this game is meant for me to guess where this summer vacation destination is! I'm going to put 10 different pictures here and I'm going to guess based on what I see. I won't look up the answers until I've put my guess underneath the picture. Then I'm going to put a solid line under the pictures and guesses with the correct answers.


Wow, this water is just beautiful! I want to say somewhere (*starts singing* OVER THE RAINBOOOOOW) in like the Bahamas area? *pulls out a globe* *then realizes she doesn't have a globe readily accessible so she looks up an atlas on the internet* *then doesn't give up looking for said globe and goes looking all over for it* *almost starts yelling that there's not a single globe in this house before she sees it above her closet* *then sister says "you dum-dum!"*

I'm going to stick with my answer. Anywhere near the Bahamas. So either the Bahamas OR *looks at globe* Cuba.


I feel like these colors are unrealistic. What kind of town would paint their houses these weird colors?! I mean, it looks nice, I guess, but that's just weird. What if I say Belgium? I don't really know what Belgium looks like though so I couldn't tell... *looks up pictures of Belgium* I saw ONE picture of colorful-ish houses near a river thing. What's that called again? A canal?

Okay I'm going to say somewhere within the region of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark. And I'm not going to look up pictures of those countries because I'm so done guessing for this picture...


What the heck? Where is this? Is this Heaven or something because it's pretty darn close. I'm going to guess Thailand. First guess where I didn't second guess myself!


Again with the weird colors! That building is kinda taller than usual. It's a little hard to take a closer look at it. But I'm going to guess that it's somewhere in the United Kingdom.


Yeesh, I would be scared to death to live here. You're living ON A ROCK! And not just a rock... A CLIFF! But you know what, it looks beautiful there. I'm guessing this is in Sicily? None of the other pictures really look like this and I can't think of anywhere else.


Ugh, these beaches are so hard to tell. This could be from Hawaii or from South America! You know what, that's a good idea. I'll guess that this one from Costa Rica.


I think it's obvious that this is in America... where else in the world would have this sandstone near a lake? At least it looks like a lake and those rocks look like sand stone, right?


It's so pretty here! What the heck! Imagine if your local national park was this! That would be awesome. Nothing against national parks here, guys. I'm just so amazed that I live on the same planet as this location. It's crazy! Back to guessing...

Um, what about Fiji? Or Indonesia? I feel so bad for grouping these photos with several places. I think I'm going to stick with Indonesia.


I'm guessing that this is Hawaii. Just the heavy plants kind of give it that feel...


Where could this be?! There's so many places! It reminds me of Arendelle from Frozen. How the city is just surrounded by giant stone cliffs. But I don't think this could be from Norway, besides, I already chose that for a different answer. I want to say Malaysia or the Philippines.

How about you? What are your guesses? Comment below about your guesses!

                                          And the answers are below! Were you correct?                                              

1.  Fiji (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!)

2. Burano, Italy (near Venice) (Pfft, I sure was far off with this one...)

3. Krabi Province, Thailand (Yes! I was right! FINALLY!)

4. Ljubljana, Slovenia (I don't feel so bad about this one...)

5. Manarola, Italy (I consider myself close to this one. Even if Manarola is at the northern part...)

6. Barbados (It's in the Caribbean Sea! Costa Rica touches the Caribbean so I think I was close...)

7. Acadia National Park, Maine, America (Alright, that one was pretty easy, I guess...)

8. Plitvice National Park, Croatia (Oh my gosh! This is actually a national park! GUYS!!!)

9. Maui, Hawaii (So when I looked into where the picture came from, it didn't have an exact location. But most of them said Maui. Either way, I still get a point from this one!

10. India (This one didn't have an exact location either but at least it said India. I was kind of close with this one!)

Comments

  1. Yes, I have played Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego! Or rather, I remember watching my siblings playing it. We also had a board game version of it that we would play. It was pretty fun.

    These pictures are really hard, and I'm not good with guessing places, but lets give it a shot...

    1. Philippines

    2. South America somewhere... Argentina or Chile?

    3. South Africa somewhere? Madagascar?

    4. Czech republic? Prague? And if not, perhaps Belarus or somewhere in Russia. I know, I'm cheating by guessing so many. :P

    5. Somewhere in Italy.

    6. I'm going to go with Hawaii for this one.

    7. Hmmm. Maybe Canada? Either that or some national park in the US. :D

    8. No clue here, but I'm going to make a wild guess and say this is Thailand.

    9. Cuba, or the Bahamas.

    10. Jamaica? I have no idea, just randomly guessing. :D

    And now to the answers... oh boy. This is embarrassing. I think I only got one right?? I thought it looked like Italy. :D It's so hard when I haven't been to almost any of these places, and am terrible at geography. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A boardgame version?! That sounds like so much fun! I remember that they had a tv show about it too.

      It was so difficult to find pictures that didn't have the location with it. It's not even funny...

      Haha, I was pretty embarrassed too! You got two right. I got three. I say we did as well as we could have :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts