Happy (belated) Birthday Bilbo and Frodo!

Alright, I know I'm late but this week has been crazy busy for me! I had a wedding last night and this week was BEYOND packed with things to do.

Speaking of the wedding, my cousins are here from Georgia and yesterday the younger one(he's three years younger than me) comes to me and hugs me. And then he asks, "Guess who's birthday it is today?"

And I thought, "Aw! He thinks I don't know it's Bilbo and Frodo's birthday and wanted to surprise me! That's so sweet!"


So I said,"Bilbo and Frodo's birthday?!"

He laughed and said,"No, you dork! It's my birthday today!" I started laughing so hard and apologized. And then I told him that he had one of the luckiest birthdays in the world. He just rolled his eyes and walked away. I felt like a total idiot...


In other words, you remembered my birthday over your cousin's birthday, you weirdo.

Hey, at least it's engraved in my mind and I'll never forget after this. Besides, this post is dedicated to you and Bilbo so you're not supposed to be here!

I'm just looking! I also want to make sure you were going to say nice things about me to all of your readers *grins*


*rolls eyes* Why of course I would say all kinds of nice things about you! Especially on your birthday! *pinches his cheeks*

Paws off, Fawn! This is my personal bubble.

*groans* Then get out of mine! Hurry up before I call Bilbo...

Bilbo in his chair while we're arguing... again
If I stand behind you, am I not in your personal bubble anymore?

You can watch but no interrupting! Got it?!

Fine, Miss Bossypants, you win.


That's better. Now I believe I was about to tell you what we did for their birthday before I was so rudely interrupted. But, no matter! I shall give you a full and proper account of yesterday's festivities.

I woke up early and started baking loaves of bread and biscuits for the day. Then I woke the boys up, said 'happy birthday' and told them to go to the marketplace to get fish for dinner.

That wasn't pleasant...

*glares at Frodo* While they were gone, I made breakfast and prepared for second breakfast.

Breakfast was so good. We had eggs, ham, roasted potatoes, and fresh biscuits with homemade jam. It was so good. Great, NOW I'M HUNGRY!

Then stop shouting and go eat something instead of interrupting me!


With pleasure... I take my leave, my lady.

*busts up laughing* You're so ridiculous. Well, after they came back, we read outside until it was time for second breakfast. I made lemon vanilla pancakes with fresh blackberries. We miiiiiight have had a few slices of bacon with that...

*singsong voice* I'M BACK! You're barely at second breakfast?! 

You mean, you already ate?! That's... scary.

I know. After second breakfast, Bilbo and I went down to Tuckborough to visit our relatives over there. They had told us weeks prior that they had some gifts for us so we had plenty of time to get them gifts too. 

So I packed them some fruit, cheese, hard meat, and bread for elevenses to eat on the way there. And while they were out of the house, I made their cake for afternoon tea. It was a tea cake with a orange zest glaze.

Fawn put some candles on it and we invited Sam to come over and have a slice...


These weirdos thought they were going to get a huge cake! But it's not like we were having all kinds of guests over. So after a slice (or two) we talked with Sam for a bit about the garden and some herbs that Bilbo wanted to get. 

It was very... informational. That's pretty much all I can say about that. It's different reading about plants and their medicinal qualities than it is to talk about it. 

You're right but it was still rather intriguing to me. It's fascinating how much information Sam knows about plants! He's like an ancient natural-remedy doctor... or rather, he could be. Making potions and brewing teas! My goodness! TEA! I forgot about tea! *runs off*



I guess I'll just pick up where Fawn left off! Sam gave Bilbo a flowery plant that we could use for brewing tea. It's a purple flower. Anyway, he couldn't stay for dinner. But we got to eat baked fish with steamed broccoli and carrots. Oh, and Fawn made this very delicious cornbread-pudding-thing to eat with the fish. It was more like dessert, now that I think about it...

*sigh* Tea is brewing now.

I was just telling them about that really amazing cornbread thing.

It came out a lot better than I expected it to! We were so tired from that day so we didn't have supper.

But after dinner, we passed presents around. I gave Bilbo a wooden clock from Erebor. I had it sent to Sam's hole so Bilbo wouldn't see it.

That's right! I remember you telling me. I gave Bilbo a new flower pot to put Sam's flowers in. I may or may not have known about Sam's gift to Bilbo...

Oh suuuure you didn't. Sam gave me a carved bookend of a bird for my bookshelf. It's incredible. The details are so intricate. He said that he asked for this specific one three months ago. He's such a great friend.


What?! That's so cool! *pouts* I want one...

You can always look at mine...?

It's not the same! Anyway, I gave Frodo a leather notebook and a set of drawing pencils.

I'm going to use them for my animal sketches. My other one is getting really worn out. The pages are falling out and everything.

That's precisely why I got you a whole new set! Now you won't have to wait until Christmas!

____________________________________________________________________________________

And that's it! That's how we celebrated their birthdays! I know I'll be a day late but tomorrow I'm going to fill out the Tolkien Week Tag. How did you spend September 22?

Comments

Popular Posts